Are you satisfied with standard WordPress roles list or user capabilities distribution among them? Do you wish to change something in the users rights and permissions system?
User Role Editor WordPress plugin will help you. Edit any existing role, create new one, fill selected role with capabilities which you need. Assign new created roles or capabilities directly to the user.
* Core version: 4.25.2
* New: Edit posts restrictions module:
- It’s possible to set edit posts/pages/custom post types restrictions for roles.
- Option ‘Own data only’ was added to allow to edit/see at admin just own posts/pages, custom post type items.
- Support was added for “Woocommerce Bookings” plugin.
* Fix: Edit posts restrictions module:
- It was not possible to use revisions with ‘Allow’ model.
- edit restrictions were not applied to a user without ‘edit_posts’ or ‘edit_pages’ capability.
- WooCommerce orders are filtered now with taking in account product owner ID, if you restricted a user by authors(product owners) ID.
It’s possible to switch off this extention via filter ‘ure_edit_posts_access_add_orders_by_product_owner’. It should return false for that.
- Quant by views was shown wrong for some custom post types, e.g. WooCommerce Orders.
- Bulk update from posts list wrote to the user profile wrong data.
* Fix: Admin menu access module:
- ‘user-edit.php’ link was blocked by error with ‘block not selected’ model, which did not allow to edit a selected user.
- access was allowed by error via direct URL to some menu items blocked with “block not selected” model.
- Jetpack menu was not blocked. Admin menu copy creation is linked to the action with priority 999, to be executed after Jetpack,
which uses priority 998 for some reason.
- ‘UpdraftPlus’ topbar admin menu was not removed when ‘Settings->UpdraftPlus Backup’ menu item was blocked.
* Fix: Content view restrictions module:
- Prohibited posts titles/URLs were shown as ‘Previous’ or ‘Next’ links at the single post page.
* Update: Edit posts restrictions module: bulk update is available for all custom post types, not for the posts and pages only as it was earlier.
* Update: Admin menu access module:
- Enhanced technique of blocking links: order and quant of URL parameters does not matter.
- Internal admin menu copy is refreshed automatically after any plugin activation for synchronization with possible menu changes.
- When menu item is not allowed, it’s replaced by the 1st allowed item from a child submenu or removed.
- Multisite “My Sites” top bar admin menu does not show ‘Dashboard’ menu item for site if it’s blocked for that site.
‘New Post’, ‘Manage Comments’ menu items are shown for user who can edit posts.
- Some plugins/themes produces Menu/Submenu glitches ((Ultimate, Avada) for users with changed permissions. Such menu inconsistencies are fixed automatically.
* Update: Enhanced inner processing of available custom post types list.
* Update: Uses 15 seconds transient cache in order to not count users without role twice when ‘restrict_manage_users’ action fires.
* Update: URE fires action ‘profile_update’ after direct update of user permissions in order other plugins may catch such change.
* Update: All URE’s PHP classes files were renamed and moved to the includes/classes subdirectory. Pro version part was moved under the “pro” directory.
|| Update: 5 May 16
Post date: 10/05/2016
Designers: Vladimir Garagulya
Support: WordPress 4.5, WordPress 4.4.2, WordPress 4.4.1